I found my dad's old denim jacket and had permission to kill it, and this is how it turned out. This is an awesome DIY tutorial if you aren't good with a sewing machine, and like the cut-off look.
Hope you like it!
- Cut of the sleeves on your jacket off.
- Then cut the sides of the jacket into fringes, and make sure there's a gap between each one of them.
- Tie the fringes together tight, so they won't fall apart again.
- If you're not satisfied with the color of your jacket, you can choose to bleach it in chlorine.
- Keep an eye on it every 5 minutes until it has the color you like.
- When you're done, throw it in the washing machine, even if you didn't bleach it. It'll make the cut-off places look a lot nicer.
- You don't have to stud it, but I choose too.